What it does:
- Add WSUS Index Optimization to the database to increase the speed of many database operations in WSUS by approximately 1000-1500 times faster.
- Remove all Drivers from the WSUS Database (Default; Optional).
- Shrink your WSUSContent folder's size by declining multiple types of updates including by default any superseded updates, preview updates, expired updates, Itanium updates, and beta updates. Optional extras: Language Packs, IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, Embedded, NonEnglishUpdates, ComputerUpdates32bit, WinXP
- Remove declined updates from the WSUS Database.
- Clean out all the synchronization logs that have built up over time (configurable, with the default keeping the last 14 days of logs).
- Compress Update Revisions.
- Remove Obsolete Updates.
- Computer Object Cleanup (configurable, with the default of deleting computer objects that have not synced within 30 days).
- Application Pool Memory Configuration to display the current private memory limit and easily set it to any configurable amount including 0 for unlimited. This is a manual execution only.
- Checks to see if you have a dirty database, and if you do, fixes it. This is primarily for Server 2012 WSUS, and is a manual execution only.
- Run the Recommended SQL database Maintenance script on the actual SQL database.
- Run the Server Cleanup Wizard.
It will email the report out to you or save it to a file, or both.
Although the script is lengthy, it has been made to be super easy to setup and use so don't over think it. There are some prerequisites and instructions at the top of the script. After installing the prerequisites and configuring the variables for your environment (email settings only if you are accepting all the defaults), simply run:
If you wish to view or increase the Application Pool Memory Configuration, or run the Dirty Database Check, you must run it with the required switch. See Get-Help .\Clean-WSUS.ps1 -Examples
If you're having trouble, there's also a -HelpMe option that will create a log so you can send it to me for support.
How to Upgrade
Upgrades are easy! Edit the variables to match your old set and run:
That's it! It really is THAT easy!