What it does:
- Remove all Drivers from the WSUS Database.
- Shrink your WSUSContent folder's size by declining superseded updates.
- Remove declined updates from the WSUS Database.
- Clean out all the synchronization logs that have built up over time (configurable, with the default keeping the last 14 days of logs).
- Compress Update Revisions.
- Remove Obsolete Updates.
- Computer Object Cleanup (configurable, with the default of deleting computer objects that have not synced within 30 days).
- Application Pool Memory Configuration to display the current private memory limit and easily increase it by any configurable amount.
- Run the Recommended SQL database Maintenance script on the actual SQL database.
- Run the Server Cleanup Wizard.
It will email the report out to you or save it to a file, or both.
Although the script is lengthy, it has been made to be super easy to setup and use. There are some prerequisites and instructions at the top of the script. After installing the prerequisites and configuring the variables for your environment, simply run:
If you wish to view or increase the Application Pool Memory Configuration, you must run it with the required switch. See Get-Help .\Clean-WSUS.ps1 -Examples
If you're having trouble, there's also a -HelpMe option that will create a log so you can send it to me for support.