"Just like a car, if you don't tune-up your computer it will become slower and start to have problems"
Have you ever had the hassle of trying to unplug your computer system, then struggling with it to get it in your car? Have you ever picked up your computer from a repair store because it was been "fixed" but after bringing it back home, plugging everything back in and turning it on, you find out that it has the same problems, or worse; IT HAD BEEN FORMATED AND THEY LOST ALL YOUR DATA!
Does your computer crash? Stop responding when you are on the Internet? Is it slower than when you bought it? How about your kids/roommates, do they install things like spyware that are always crashing your computer? Are you ready to throw your computer out the window? Well, DON'T!
Let a professional tune-up your system for peak performance and security. Our tune-up will ensure that your computer is running at its peak efficiency and at its optimum settings for your needs.
The Tune-up includes:
- Troubleshoot any existing problems you may be having with your operating system (Windows/Mac/Linux).
- Install all the latest patches and service packs to the operating system.
- Update your browser to the latest release and install relevant patches/addons to make your browsing experience the best it can be.
- Update your Office product to the latest service packs available.
- Remove unnecessary programs from the computer causing a quicker startup and less clutter.
- Update virus software and check for viruses.
- Uninstall and remove Spyware/Adware/Malware.
- Delete "trash" files and temporary files.
- Remove unnecessary network settings.
- Fine-tune display settings and set display to fit monitor window (if applicable).
- Run diagnostic software and correct disk/directory errors.
- Defragment the hard drive for better performance.
- Dust cleaning - the deadliest computer disease. Dust can destroy your hardware through heat buildup or in extreme cases, cause a fire.
We also can:
- Transfer data from your old computer to your brand new computer.
- Install new and used hardware or software.
- Upgrade or replace worn out computer components (RAM, CPU, Motherboard, Video Card, etc.)
- Perform a clean install your operating system with drivers, and Windows Updates, and the Adamj Consulting suite of standard programs (Java, PDF Reader, Disk Defragmenter, etc).
Backing Up Your System
It is STRONGLY advised you back-up all your sensitive and needed personal data (which you should do on a regular basis anyway) before allowing your computer to be repaired, as sometimes re-installing software can cause data to be lost. We can do backups for you, however it will be charged at our normal labour rate. See the prices page for more information.